Submitted by: Rosemary from 168 Ardmore Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016 USA
Yield: 6 servings
- Mix the cumin, pepper, coriander, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon together. It will make about ½ cup. You will only need I tablespoon of the spice mixture for this recipe. (That means you can make it 8 times!)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are tender.
- Add beef. Cook until beef is brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, salt and spice mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer over low heat for 1 and ½ hours.
- Add green beans and cook another ½ hour. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro and serve over hot basmati rice.