1. In a large pot on medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of oil. Add carrots and onion, sweat with pinch salt and ground Grains of Paradise.
Remove from pan once par-cooked.
2. Add more oil, then sweat the ginger and garlic.
3. Reintroduce carrots and onion, add stock to pot. Cover and bring to boil.
4. Once carrots are tender enough to be stabbed through with a fork, turn off heat.
5. Pulse in a standing blender, then run on high till smooth, Once smooth add sour cream. (You can also use an immersion blender right in the pot.)
6. Taste the soup, adding more salt if needed.
7. Serve in a bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a generous portion of fresh cracked Grains of Paradise.
Do you have a recipe you'd like to share with The Spice House community? We are currently gathering recipes to include in our collection and we would love to share yours online.Submit Yours