Submitted by: Ethan from Moorhead, Minnesota
Yield: 16 small scones
- You'll need a food processor that can hold 11 cups for this recipe.
- Place the almonds into a food processor and process until they are a fine crumb. Add the remaining dry ingredients and pulse a few times to mix. Add the butter and process until incorporated well.
- Now, with the food processor on, add the wet ingredients through the feed tube. Continue to mix, just until it all comes together and forms a ball. Do not overmix!
- The dough will be a little sticky when you remove it from the food processor, so I just toss the whole ball into my flour bin and coat it lightly.
- Next, divide it into 2 balls. Flatten each ball into a disk, about 8 to 10 inches in diameter and 1 to 2 inches thick. Take a long bladed knife and cut the circles into 8 even wedges. A pizza cutter works well too.
- Use a silicone baking mat (Silpat) to keep the scones from sticking to the baking sheet. Place the 16 pieces on the mat on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar once cooled.