Submitted by: Louise M. from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Yield: about 12 enchiladas
- Brown the ground beef, drain it, and cool. Using the fat from the beef, saute the onions. Drain them, and let them cool on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix the spices, cheese, sour cream and onions thoroughly. Add the onions and meat and mix well.
- Warm the tortillas until they are just heated through and soft by placing them in a warm skillet for about 15 seconds on both sides. Remove and fill with 1 to 2 Tablespoons of the filling, and roll the tortilla so that it looks like a cylinder.
- As each tortilla is rolled, place it in a greased pan or a pan sprayed with vegetable spray (9 by 13 pan) in which a very thin layer of enchilada sauce has been placed.
- When they are all in the pan, cover with the remaining sauce. Cover with the cheese. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 18 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and somewhat browned.
- Cool slightly, garnish with cilantro and serve.
More About This Recipe
Serve with guacamole, rice, and refried beans.