Submitted by: Rosemarie from Union Grove, WI
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
1. Dice celery and onion. Peel and dice potatoes and carrots. Dice tomatoes, remove seeds.
2. Simmer 1 1/2 cups veggie stock with onions for a few min.
3. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, curry, turmeric, cayenne, and ginger into about 2 tablespoons of veggie stock. Mix well.
4. Add to simmering stock and onions.
5. Pour the rest of the veggie stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
6. Add potatoes, tomatoes, celery, and carrots. Simmer till carrots are tender.
7 Pour in chickpeas, saffron, and lemon juice, bring back to a simmer. Enjoy
More About This Recipe
If you'd like to add barley be sure to increase liquid to twice the amt. of barley. Sometimes vary by using sweet potato for 1/2 the amt. of potatoe.