Submitted by: Rosemarie from Union Grove, WI
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
1. Dice celery& onion. Peel & dice potatoes & carrots. Dice tomatoes, remove seeds.
2. Simmer 1 1/2 C. veggie stock with onions for a few min.
3. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, curry, turmeric, cayenne, & ginger into about 2 T. of veggie stock. Mix well.
4. Add to simmering stock and onions.
5. Pour the rest of the veggie stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
6. Add potatoes,tomatoes, celery & carrots. Simmer till carrots are tender.
7 Pour in chickpeas, saffron & lemon juice, bring back to a simmer. Enjoy
If you'd like to add barley be sure to increase liquid to twice the amt. of barley. Sometimes vary by using sweet potato for 1/2 the amt. of potatoe.