Making homemade tomato sauce, although a labor of love, can be very time consuming. Here is a weeknight recipe that tastes like you slaved all day. It's your secret!
Submitted by: Lois from West Allis, WI
Yield: 4 - Servings
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onions, mushrooms, if using and the Herbs.
- Cook stirring until the onions are soft. Add all the remaining ingredients to pan.
- Rinse out can and jar of sauces with ½ cup water and add also.
- Heat to boiling, reduce to simmer, and cook covered for as long as you like. At least 1 hour.
- Taste along the way and adjust for seasoning.
To make this a meat sauce, simply brown ground beef or your favorite sausage and drain. Add to sauce. Great for any pasta, lasagna, stuffed shells, chicken or veal parmesan. Use your imagination. Be your own kitchen goddess. Change it every time, or create one that is your signature sauce.