Doctored-Up Tomato Sauce
Making homemade tomato sauce, although a labor of love, can be very time consuming. Here is a weeknight recipe that tastes like you slaved all day. It's your secret!
Submitted by: Lois from West Allis, WI
Yield: 4 - Servings
Featured in this Recipe
- Heat oil in a saute pan. Add onions, mushrooms, if using and the Herbs.
- Cook stirring until the onions are soft. Add all the remaining ingredients to pan.
- Rinse out can and jar of sauces with ½ cup water and add also.
- Heat to boiling, reduce to simmer, and cook covered for as long as you like. At least 1 hour.
- Taste along the way and adjust for seasoning.
More About This Recipe
To make this a meat sauce, simply brown ground beef or your favorite sausage and drain. Add to sauce. Great for any pasta, lasagna, stuffed shells, chicken or veal parmesan. Use your imagination. Be your own kitchen goddess. Change it every time, or create one that is your signature sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out more sauce recipes here.
Yes, we actually carry premium vanilla bean paste on our website.
Simply search for “Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste” in the search bar.
Can’t wait to eat & comment afterwards😛! Can you recommend a on line supplier for Vanilla Bean Paste(jarred kind only) I prefer flavoring from concentrates instead of less flavorful water or bourbon add-ins). Thanks, Norma Southern Home-made cool of over 40 years😋