Classic Ragù Bolognese
Staff Tips & Tricks
- Mix with panko bread crumbs for frying fish, veggies, and meat cutlets.
- Mix with ricotta cheese to create a dip or to stuff lasagna or pasta shells.
- Whisk with oil and vinegar to create a poultry or pork marinade.
- Make your own breakfast sausage, perfect for a Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Frittata.
- Season a pan of sauteed broccoli with a teaspoon or two.
- Add a generous tablespoon to a can of plain tomato sauce for an easy pasta upgrade.
- Cracked fennel and zesty herbs are an aromatic addition to Bolognese sauce recipes.
About This Blend
We loved the taste of Italian sausage so much, we set out to recreate that signature flavor in a spice blend that can be used on just about anything. This hearty Italian-style seasoning is an instant win with pork roasts, cream sauces, roasted veggies, and pasta dishes. Try this blend with popular Italian soup recipes like white bean, minestrone, or creamy tortellini.
Salt, oregano, fennel, chiles, garlic, cane sugar, summer savory, onion.
Complete Your Set
& Save 5%
Featured InView All
Chicken & Sage Meatballs in a White Wine Butter Sauce
Frequently Bought Together
I really like this spice’s taste, I used twice when I recently made several pasta meals. Looking forward to using it on other culinary meals in the near future.
Now this spice really packs a punch. I like other spice house spices but most of them are too mild for my tastes. With the fennel and chile, this blend is a standout. If it's too much for you, try mixing it half and half with a standard Italian blend. Works well that way, too.
I used the Old World Italian Spicy Fennel Herb Seasoning along with some grated garlic to season a batch of ground venison and pork meatballs. Delicious!
I had no apprehension on buying new to me spices from THE SPICE HOUSE! They always send me something that is quite enjoyable. Thank You!
Natural, Flavorful and you can use it in pizza too!