- Combine marinade ingredients in bowl, set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips about 1 inch wide and coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Grill chicken on high to 160 degrees, turning several times.
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add cardamom pods, cumin seed and cinnamon stick and cook until fragrant. Using slotted spoon remove whole spices from oil.
- Add onion, tomato paste, ginger and garlic, and chiles and cook, stirring often, until tomato paste has darkened and onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining spices and cook, stirring often, until bottom of pot begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often until sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add cream and cooked, cubed chicken simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice or with naan.