Submitted by: Stephanie S. from Milwaukee, WI
Yield: 4 Servings
1. Whisk all marinade ingredients together.
2. Slice the cauliflower in half at the center from crown to core. Then cut 3/4” slices from crown to core for the “steaks.”
3. You should be able to get 4 usable “steaks” using this cutting method. In a large container, arrange cauliflower slices to
have as much exposed surface area as possible.
4. Drizzle half the marinade over the slices to coat. Let rest for 15 minutes, then flip each slice and repeat the process. Marinade for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
5. Heat a non-stick skillet with 1 Tablespoon neutral oil on
medium heat until bubbling.
6. Using tongs, fry each “steak” one at a time, cooking for 2 minutes at
a time on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
7. The total cook time for each slice will be about 6-8 minutes. Add more oil as needed.
More About This Recipe
This recipe is outstanding with all of our barbecue blends, but my personal favorite is this one! The thicker the slices, the longer cooking time it will take, especially the core, so I would not recommend slices thicker than 1”. If you would prefer to bake these, arrange in a large glass baking sheet, and bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until softened.