1. First, prepare the syrup. In a small nonstick pot, combine the water, sugar, strawberry slices, and hibiscus. Heat on medium-high until it comes to a boil, then lower to medium-low, and simmer. Cook syrup for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it becomes thick and dark pink.
2. Strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve to get rid of the strawberry and hibiscus pieces. Store in a jar in the fridge until needed.
3. When ready to make the Dutch baby, heat oven to 450F. Place a 10" oven-safe pan in the oven to preheat as well.
4. In a blender, combine the eggs, flour, milk, vanilla bean paste, and salt. Blend until smooth and silky.
5. When oven is ready, add the pieces of butter to the hot pan, and swirl around to coat the whole surface.
6. Pour in the prepared batter, and bake for 18-20 minutes. Dutch baby will get super puffy!
7. When pancake is ready, top with ice cream, fresh strawberries, and the prepared strawberry hibiscus syrup. Serve immediately!