1. In a large saucepot, combine shallot, garlic, ginger and oil. Sweat over medium heat. 5 minutes. Stir often.
2. Add Squash and 1.5 teaspoons salt. Stir to combine. Cook 5 more minutes, stirring often.
3. Add 1 quart water, stir well. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat, puree with immersion blender until smooth.
5. Whisk in the finishing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Cool soup in an ice bath until cold. Serve it hot for service.
7. Serving suggestion: Serve with a garnish of olive oil, fresh parsley, and a dollop of Cashew Cacao Dukkah. See the link in description at the top of this recipe.