Moroccan Lamb Meatballs with Spiced Tomato Sauce
Featured in this Recipe
1. Combine the lamb, egg, garlic, hot curry powder, coriander, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Form into meatballs about 1-1/2-inches in diameter.
3. Heat the olive oil in large sauté pan and add the meatballs. Cook until browned on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes, turning several times.
4. Remove the meatballs from the pan and transfer to plate.
1. To make the sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the cumin seed, coriander, garlic and onion and sauté until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes.
4. Add the cinnamon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Return the meatballs to the pan and turn several times to coat them with the sauce.
6. Cover and cook an additional 6 or 7 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.