Making fried rice at home is easier than it may seem, you can get the same flavors you love from take-out food all in the comfort of your own home. Fried rice is delicious and addictive due to the slightly crispy edges, rich and savory flavors and all of the veggies you could want. Add in some extra protein and you have the perfect meal. Use whatever seasonings you like to even further customize your fried rice to your liking, try our Argyle Street Stir Fry Blend for some added flavor!
What’s the Best Rice for Fried Rice?
The best rice for fried rice is typically short grain white rice, but you can use whatever rice you prefer. Rice should be cooked and cooled in advance of making the fried rice. Day-old rice works best because it is a bit dried out and will crisp up nicely.
How to Make Easy Egg Fried Rice
Egg fried rice is a classic in Chinese restaurants, and is easy to customize to fit the pallets of almost anyone, and you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand. Add in tofu, chicken, or beef, and any vegetables you have for a recipe that is full of flavor and comfort, you’ll want to make this recipe again and again.
Tools you’ll need:
- Large saute pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small white onion, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or dehydrated chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- Using leftover rice from the day before works best
- Fresh Green onions, sliced or green onion flakes
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the egg and cook until scrambled. Remove and set aside.
- Add in another tablespoon of butter and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas, garlic and any other desired vegetables and proteins, along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Saute until the vegetables are soft and the protein is cooked through. Add the rice, green onions, and soy sauce and stir until combined.
- Continue sauteing for another 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally until the rice is fried and slightly crispy. Add back in the eggs and stir once more to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.